Monday, March 4, 2013

When in Rome, do as the Romans do

Not sure that is by any means what we did! 

My Dad flew over for a little Parisian visit, and what do we decide to do? Well leave Paris of course! In search of some warmer weather, and the sun which has seemingly ceased to shine in Paris, we found ourselves in Rome.

The weather was beautiful, and I discovered a lot about my Dad. For one, although being an immigrant to Canada, it seems he has become well adjusted because for the first time ever, I realized how very "American" he has become. Firstly, to my utter dismay, I was forced into breaking all of my personal travel rules, one of the first being paying for a Hop on Hop off tour bus. I was coaxed into the idea seeing as my Dad is currently having a hard time walking, but inside I was growing increasing anxious in fear of the possibility of being convinced to rent a Segway. Luckily, we didn't have the time, since we spent most of the trip chasing after the bus, which made for fits of laughter at the irony of the situation. All in all, it was wonderful spending the weekend with my Dad, and we should not be, by any means, held responsible for the abdication of the Pope, of which we have been accused on multiple occasions.



We had a lovely pizza lunch in front of the Pantheon, where a waiter generously and rapidly set up a new table for us in the sun, which we thoroughly enjoyed until the evening when I regretfully realized I should have been wearing sunscreen.

Can't wait to wander the city again this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment